I always thank my God for you because of the grace that he has given you through Christ Jesus. In him you have been blessed in every way. You have been blessed in all your speaking and all your knowledge. This proves that what we told you about Christ is true. Now you have every gift from God while you wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to come again. He will keep you strong until the end so that on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes, you will be free from all blame. God is faithful. He is the one who has chosen you to share life with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:4-9 ERV)
Many times people start to believe in you when they see you stand firm in times of adversity. I’ve been asked many times how did I become strong? The answer is I DIDN’T, I’m weak in my spirit and my flesh but MY GOD IS STRONG AND MIGHTY. I have learned through trial after trial that my job is to stand firm. My job is to trust God in all things. I fail sometimes, I fall short all the time but hallelujah his word is good even when I’m not. As I’ve read the bible and heard the word preached a few things have been made clear.
1. God loves me, as is, no warranty and without restriction.
2. Jesus is the son of a God, born of a woman, died for me (and you) and was resurrected.
3. Because Jesus died on the cross, I have been forgiven.
4. I have a responsibility to love myself, my neighbor and my enemy because I was born of love, saved by love and I have a responsibility to love.
5. I am unable to earn the love that I take for granted, Jesus gave his life for me.
6. And the one I love the most is this: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? I think not
I say all this to encourage you..as you go through whatever you go through know this: Jesus is with you and the ending was written on Calvary, you already won. Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Trust the process
Leave a Reply